Saturday, April 18, 2009

La Mer

I can't seem to stop playing with my reactive glass seashells and beads, so I had to do one more design while I had them out. These have to be some of my favorite colors of glass--the double helix blues and greens just enchant me every time--especially the way Tiffany McCoy can make them sing. I've used an eclectic assortment of complimenting, but not matching beads, which to my mind always adds to the interest. La Mer has a seashell, a heart ( I love the sea), a pair of lentils and a hand shaped squeezed bead with dark blue goldstone, swarovskis and sterling beads and clasp. $92.00
While it's difficult to capture all the detail and color depth in these beads there really is alot of variety and interest with pattern, color and shape..so the little silver clam shells remain the constant to pull it all together with a touch of consistancy.

I love the way the beautiful vintage swarovski elongated teardrop charm helps the other colors to pop, and brightens the whole design--while reminding you of the azure blue in the sea and the sky--more turbulent than calm, is my little romance of the sea--La Mer.

6 comments:

jelveh Designs said...

ohhh, I like like this one...as always very cool...

Kristen said...

Beautiful bracelet! I love those colors too, they are so fun! :)

Rickie said...

Thank you, Jelveh. You always brighten my day!
Kristen, you're so sweet to always build me up. I love your beautiful designs as well!

Elizabeth said...

Rickie, the colors in this one are really stunning.

I don't think there is a single one of your designs that I don't completely love. Gorgeous!

Hearts of Glass said...

Such a luscious colour of blue. I'm always so drawn to that shade!

Rickie said...

Thanks Elizabeth, it's always great to hear from you!
Heather, thank you--I agree the double helix glasses can really get some fabulous colors when they go under the torch!