Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Little Project..a Little Reward

Between projects here at home, I found a little time to play with some of my beautiful artisan lampwork beads in my stash.  I've been hoarding the last few beads from a set I purchased from Manuela Wutschke several years back and finally decided it was time to put them in a design--turns our I actually had enough to make two bracelets--can't decide which I love best, so I just finished both of them. 

One has beautiful carved black agate or jade or onyx beads (not sure what the stone is, but the carving is lovely).  I combined the lampwork, black beads and sterling silver with a finishing touch--a tassel that I made myself with beads and chain...  I'm not sure why, but these beads remind me of exotic koy fish--I love the dramatic color combination.

 
Now here is the second bracelet---these beads were very interesting to me--the detail on one reminds me of a music staff--like a fragment of some lost symphony.  I know, quite the imagination, eh?  I combined these three beautiful lampwork beads with a lovely carved black bead and a Hill Tribe silver heart and clasp. 

 
I'm off to sort thru some 'artifacts' of my own, or in other words, cleaning out my closet, in an attempt to purge what needs to go an what to hoard a little longer.  :-)  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning, both of them! The colors of the beautiful beads are so perfect for the season. Don't blame you for hoarding those beauties! -- Julie

Rickie said...

Thank you Julie! I'm constantly amazed of the variety and individuality that comes from a glass rod and fire!

Elizabeth said...

Absolutely beautiful--both of them. Rickie, you amaze me. Your eye for design is uniquely perfect.