Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh Fractious Days





My secret garden--a respite of peace on a difficult day.......
Oh fractious days! I feel like I'm watching a mob of two year olds throwing temper tantrums because they didn't get their way, so now they want to change the rules again! Freedom of Speech is a wonderful liberty, but roving mobs of hatemongers defacing and damaging private property, threatening businesses, churches and individuals, and generally throwing a 'hissy fit' ,as my mother used to call it, is wrong and irresponsible. People can disagree without being disagreeable, acting with dignity and restraint. I can't help but think that these gangs of intimidators need a mother and father to put them into time out, until they settle down, stop being bullies in the schoolyard, and learn to behave like responsible adults and good citizens...well, I'm not going to hold my breath on that happening anytime soon!
I'm not Henny Penny and the sky isn't falling...but it's sad, really, and my sorrow, watching from the sidelines such unbecoming vitriol spew forth, has really brought me down this week..but, I've had my good cry and I'm going go do something beautiful, nice and uplifting...and maybe make something of beauty from my stash to brighten my outlook. I'm also going to remember that 'pretty is as pretty does', and to look at the glass 'half full' and do the best I can to make the world a beautiful place of peace, serenity, comfort and love. Bah humbug to fractious days and fractious people!

No comments: