Saturday, November 8, 2008

Spectacular Saturday


Calm, sunny and warm today--a perfect Saturday for football! I might have mentioned before that my husband's family are huge USC fans--an over 70 year tradition in their family! So, it's off this afternoon to the USC-CAL game. The leaves on the oak trees that line our street are beginning to change, and my grape vines are browning, but other than that everything is still green and lush. Autumn is very subtle here in Southern California--we'll call it autumn-lite!


Gee, I didn't mean to go a whole week without checking in to say hi! The early part of the week--Monday and Tuesday, I spent working on 'get out the vote' here in California, but the rest of the week I have no excuse. I just wasn't too productive. I'm not sure you'd call it a 'well deserved' rest, but I was definitely deflating after a pretty intense political season. I'm glad to step away from all the hub bub. One of the wonderful traditions here is the peaceful transfer of power especially given the diversity of opinions and the strong feelings about the candidates and issues. I love my beautiful country and wish our new president elect well. There have been so many promises to so many, it will be interesting to see how we move forward from the tumult.


Ah, yes, jewelry--that is why you come here...nothing new yet, but I hope to get a few pieces ready to share this next week. In the meantime here is a bracelet I made with USC colors to wear to the game. Beautiful boro from Kim of kimbeads, citrine and pearl dangles. Fight On!

1 comment:

jelveh Designs said...

love the bracelet, know what you mean about the longest election ever coming to an end...
hope the game was fun, I would go just so I could wear that yummy bracelet...
jelveh
peace