Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Romancing the Stones



















In a departure from my artisan lampwork designs, I just worked with gemstones and pearls in this newest bracelet. I love the way this piece is constructed. I used a fine goldfilled chain and wirewrapped what seemed like endless fresh water pearls, prasiolite (green amethyst) and lemon citrine gemstones with vermeil ball pins. Three large fancy cut prasiolite gemstones are also featured as endcaps and a charm with the 22k gold vermeil toggle clasp. I used various hues of greens in the various shaped freshwater pearls--coin, keishi and round pearls from almost seed-pearl size of 3mm to the larger 8mm pearls to give interest and variety. I really enjoy working with these materials--I'm hoping to give a feminine elegance to my gemstone designs that will give you a timeless treasure. 'Romancing the Stones' $144.00 can be easily sized just right for you, from 7 1/2" to 8", or with additional tweeking, I can do a little more or less with the length for your perfect fit!
Look for more gemstone designs in the near future--I'm thinking elegance and romance!

No comments: