Wednesday, June 24, 2009

All We Need Is Love...

I'm guessing like alot of us creative types, that I'm not the only one out there with loads of leftovers from projects--odds and ends saved thinking I just can't throw away that piece of lace or ribbon, this bead or bauble, because I know I'll find a use for it one of these days....
Alas, all the cupboards are full to overflowing with little treasures I've tucked away over the years, and I finally came to the realization that I'm not going back to some of those places again--there's no time and I've found something else I love to do more. So this week is the beginning of a big destashing and cleansing--to free me from those 'somedays' that weigh heavy on my mind.


I've decided not to hoard my treasures any longer, it's time they got the love and attention they deserve by going on to another home where they can become something beautiful and treasured. All they need is a little love--and being hid away in a drawer to be admired once in a blue moon isn't cutting it.


I opened a new etsy storefront this evening---All We Need Is Love--for my vintage and destash. Starting tomorrow I'll be putting lots and lots of little treasures there for someone to hopefully fall in love with, and take home. www.allweneedislove.etsy.com


2 comments:

Kristen said...

What an awesome idea Rickie! I love the shop name as well. Already marked it as a favorite and I'll be back to check it out as you add things. I unfortunately have not hit that mark yet where I am ready to part with things that I know I'll never use. Someday! Hope this takes a weight off! :) Good luck!

Rickie said...

Thanks Kristen...It's going to feel so good to let some of my goodies go to someone who will enjoy and create. I'm not divesting myself of all the treasures, but there's plenty and to spare! :-)