Monday, October 26, 2009

A Little Travel and More....

I've been absent again...just took a week off to go visit my parents and sisters, since I was missing them! I also got to play with my adorable niece and nephew. The little guy was born just 2 weeks before my grandson, so that was an extra special treat to be introduced to him. He's just as sweet and good natured as can be and was the next best thing to seeing my own little treasured grandson! Plus the little princess (is it Ariel or Aurora today?) is always my favorite playmate when I'm lucky enough to be in her company!
Not really any new jewelry to show you, but I did just get a couple of books that I was fortunate enough to be published in. I'd put it off for awhile--I think I was afraid that I would be disappointed in my pieces or that they might not really have ended up making the grade, even though I had been invited to submit some designs. Quite awhile ago Karen Leonardo contacted me about doing two 'beginner designs' and tutorials with two sets of lampwork beads for a book she was getting ready to publish on Art Bead Jewelry. Since this was my first try at a tutorial, I felt a bit intimidated, but now that I have the book, I'm pleasantly surprised with the tutorial pictures and work, plus there are some other gorgeous designs with tutorials that gave me some good ideas that I'd like to try out. So, I'm glad I finally got a copy. It's really fun to be published in a book with so many other fine designers and lampwork artists. I was also pleasantly surprised to find 8 of my lampwork designs in the 1000 Jewelry Inspirations book by Sandra Salomony. I had submitted some pieces a year or two agon now, but wasn't sure whether they had used many, or any of my pieces, so I felt honored to be included. There's lots of eye candy in this one, and I'm surely going to use some of the delightful ideas to inspire me in other directions.
Check back in the next few days, as I'm planning to have an Autumn giveaway-- I hope it will be something you'd like. Details before the end of the week...and pictures of my kitchen...it's almost done!!!!


3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow Ricke, congrats on the publications! That's wonderful, your designs are sure to always make the grade! :) The kids are adorable! You are very lucky! :)

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on the publishing--twice! You truly deserve it.

And please do share a sneak peak at your kitchen. I'm sure with your design flair that it is marvelous. :)

Rickie said...

Thanks Kristen and Elizabeth...I can always count on you for encouragement!!! :-)