Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lost and Found....




An abundant stash of findings and beads is a very good thing...I can start digging thru the goodies and find just the thing to catch my fancy at a moments notice. I stole a few minutes from my 'work' and put together this bracelet with some artisan oxidized copper findings I got awhile back from Holly at Blind Cave Fish Designs. I combined the copper with some yummy artisan lampwork from Gelly that I've been hoarding. The finished design is an organic look that was fun to put together. Since I rarely work with copper, it gave me a real change of pace!


Well, did you think I got lost on my way home from the office??? I didn't mean to be a.w.o.l. for so long, but now that we finally got moved out of our business digs...there wasn't much decompression time before I barrelled into another project for my husband. It's really a good thing that I'm getting to help out a little, because he usually takes the full brunt of all the responsibilities. So glad I can do my little part for a change. I'm the eBay 'expert' in the family and there's alot of merchandise from our closing that we won't be using at our new place when it gets open. So I'm doing homework on lots of golf goodies and listing them on eBay. It's a big job that's kept me very busy...but I did take a couple of hours to put together a simple bracelet with some things from my stash...and I'll be back at my work/play bench as soon as I can get my 'sponsiblilties taken care of!

6 comments:

jelveh Designs said...

lovely bracelet, your art is always so yum...glad the move is over, ours is almost done, the movers came and took everything after we had packed and packed for days...good luck with ebay...

Kristen said...

I love your new bracelet! I'm not usually a fan of copper myself, but this piece is so pretty! The colors in the beads are great!

Rickie said...

Thank you Jelveh--God speed on your travels home...I guess you have a few more precious days to squeeze a few more wonderful memories out of...so enjoy and travel well!

Kristen--thank you, I do like the wonderful colors in those beads as well!

>^..^<

Elizabeth said...

Lovely bracelet. Lovely, lovely....


I figured you were busy. I'll be here waiting when you have the chance to return more often.

Mandy said...

How did your favorite daughter in law not realize you have a blog? I blame it on my pregnancy. Can I just blame everything on that ;)?? This is so fun, I'm going to have to link to you now so my friends can see your handywork. Love you...

oh, and Grandma, baby loves you too, it just doesn't know it yet.

Rickie said...

Awww...thanks Sweet Mandy! Keep taking good care of yourself and my grandbaby to be!
xo