Thursday, February 26, 2009

She's Gonna Do Seashells...again...

Ah yes, it's time to think of seashells again...they're really some of my favorite things. Lampwork seashells and assorted ocean themed beads really float my boat. Here are a couple from last season with beautiful lampwork beads by Dawn Scannell. I just got a fresh batch of her beauties yesterday in the mail and I'm salivating. My fingers are itching to try a couple of new designs and I'm definitely in an ocean themed mood.
We're still finishing up the business move, but I'm hoping that next week I'll get a little time at the workbench to play with my new treasures. In the meantime enjoy last years goodies and I'll be back with the 2009 editions before you know it!
Who knows maybe my March giveaway will be something with seashells--waddayathink???

8 comments:

Manuela said...

Oh ... that is a great idea - I simple adore seashells and your work is so special.
Hugs from
Manuela

Rickie said...

Thank you Manuela--I adore your lampwork--it's always filled with ideas from nature!

Kristen said...

Oh the colors in that bracelet are wonderful! I love the seashells too. I never seem to be creative enough with them! You did a great job!

jelveh Designs said...

as always very yum...
Jelveh
Peace

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! I love Dawn's beads and was lucky enough to visit her studio and meet her. Lovely person who makes lovely beads. Hope the move goes faster for you!

Elizabeth said...

These pieces are both very lovely, Rickie. Youre style is uniquely your own and just beautiful.

Rickie said...

Thank you, Kristen, I'm guessing you're selling yourself short about your skill with seashells--your designs are always lovely!

Jelveh, you're a sweetheart! Thank you!

Lori, lucky you! I think today (Saturday the 28th we finally finished this big move...at least the vacating part and we have a bit of time off before we have to start the relocating/organizing at the new place. I'm very happy for the respite!

Beth, thanks so much for always encouraging me! :-)

Hugs to you all! >^..^<

Fairchild Family said...

Love them!