Friday, May 15, 2009

Dreaming of Santorini

In contrast to the bright hot sun of the Mediterranean are the cool, crisp colors of the breathtaking island of Santorini with it's stark white and pastel buildings that seem to beckon us from afar. Judy Carlson's bright white extra large artisan lampwork sand dollar combined with my moonstone and apatite gemstones and a splash of goldfilled and vermeil findings is a reminder of the beautiful colors and contrast that make Santorini the place of honeymoons, and dreams. You'll be cool and crisp under the summer sun in the exquisite statement piece. Pendant has a total length of almost 3 and 1/2 inches on an 18 inch goldfilled chain.

3 comments:

Hearts of Glass said...

I love this! I'm mostly a silver girl but a little big of gold can make a person feel so special. This piece gives me visions of a marble balcony in the moonlight with a tropical breeze blowing sweetly...

Kristen said...

I agree, I'm a silver girl at heart but I do love what the gold does in this piece! Very serene and beautiful! :)

Rickie said...

Thank you Heather and Kristen. I was pleased with the way this finished up--I think it needed the gold to give the colors a little contrast and pop--I'm glad you agree with me!