Friday, July 20, 2012

Fancy Nancy

 Well, if you don't know who Fancy Nancy is, then you must not know any little girls!  I was introduced to her by my little niece, Miss Karma, who has loved Fancy Nancy for some time. Fancy Nancy is a little girl who likes tea parties and fancy dresses and who has a colorful and very prissy imagination.  Now most little girls these days do more practical things and don't have time for such frufru's--unless you happen to be the daughter of one of the Housewives of Beverly Hills, lol--have you seen the parties they throw for their children?!? 
But nevertheless, these gorgeous gem-toned lampwork beads made by Corina Tettinger have been lingering in my stash for awhile now.  I loved them so much I couldn't let go of them...but this week as I was digging thru my treasures and came across these again--they shouted FANCY NANCY--do something glitzy-glam and treat us like gemstones instead of lampwork, so that's what I did.  I mixed them with some filigreed gold vermeil and a snazzy amethyst and gold vermeil clasp and finished it off with a trio of gemstone charms---a peruvian blue chalcedony briolette, a rich amethyst briloette and a mandarin garnet briolette.  Rich colors, girly girl design, lots of embellishments and gold.  An absolute necessity for your next Tea Party with the Queen, or garden party in Beverly Hills...or maybe you could wear it with your favorite sundress for a stroll in the park, on the beach or most anywhere at all.  It's just a little fancy after all and what girl doesn't want fancy now and then???  xxxooo

No comments: