Tuesday, October 26, 2010

from Silk Cord to Silk Ribbons....

I had so much fun with my silk cord that there was nothing to do but try my hand at a couple of designs with silk ribbons and strings...so after digging thru my stash I tried my hand with this elegant 22k gold over copper pendant with ocher and amber jade...I added a lovely smoky quartz marquise charm and attached it to the perfectly yummy silk string and ribbon I had knotted for a little interest. The colors compliment one another just as I'd hoped and it suited my fancy.
Close up of the pendant--yummy 22k matte gold plating makes an elegant statement and I love the colors of the jade stones with the verigated ribbon.


You might recognize this beautiful agate stone as a left-over from the rich brown agate slab necklace I made last week. Yes, I saved out this beautiful translucent slab for just this purpose. Combined with a stunning lampwork shell by Tiffany McCoy and oxidized sterling silver it is rich and warm.


I found just the silk ribbon I was looking for to finish this piece without detracting from the agate slab or artisan lampwork.

Just having a little fun with silk these days...this one's got a little sterling silver slider bead so you can adjust the length as you like.



No comments: