Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NEPTUNE'S RETREAT

These fabulous lampwork beads by Manuela Wutschke have been staring at me for a very long time. I'd take them out and play with them...rearrange them, think about them, admire them..then put them away. Nothing that I did with them every pleased me...nothing seemed to be right....
They are wonderful hand formed shapes and loaded with incredible detail--all of Manuela's bead are and if you've followed me very long you know she is at the top of my list of favorite lampwork artists.


As you see, I have finally finished them and I am so delighted with the way they came together yesterday when I once again started pulling and putting back, replacing and adjusting beads that might bring these stunning beauties together into a necklace that would make me happy. So I present to you my final, finished, fabulous necklace--Neptune's Retreat, in honor of the inspiration here at my little beach house by the sea.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Bravo, Rickie!

Rickie said...

Thank you Elizabeth...have a wonderful Christmas!